Resume and Cover letters that Shine
- Job postings are a question. A resume must answer that question. If the posting says "Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing, fast-moving educational environment." Your resume says "Remained flexible in a dynamic, fast moving educational environment."
- Keep it clean. A good resume is easy to read and well structured. Spacing matters, all your bullets need to line up and preferably be about the same length.
- Resumes are one page. The person hiring probably has 20-2000 applicants and they do not have time to read your novel.
To Get you started here are a couple of examples!
- A cover letter is a personalized, first impression.
- and a strategic, attention directed, introduction to attached materials.
- An example of your writing skills, and a way to tell employers more about yourself.